Skip to main content

Campus Resources

  Download Handbook as PDF

Disability Support Services

The Accommodations Coordinator in Student Affairs coordinates Midway University’s disability support services in compliance with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended.  The Accommodations Coordinator coordinates Midway University’s disability support services in compliance with Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended.  When appropriate, Midway University provides reasonable accommodations designed to enable students to equitably participate in and benefit from Midway University’s programs, services, and activities, provided that such accommodations would not:

  • fundamentally alter the nature or operation of the University’s programs, services, or activities,
  • cause undue hardship to the University, or
  • pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others.

Obtaining Accommodations

The Accommodations Coordinator works to provide accommodations for students through a confidential and supportive process. Students should be aware that accommodations are not retroactive.  Every reasonable effort will be made to provide the appropriate reasonable accommodations, but certain accommodations may take time to coordinate. 

  • Students seeking disability support services should initiate the process by contacting the Accommodations Coordinator. Because each person's situation is unique, this initial conversation will determine the direction that the process will take.  The Accommodations Coordinator will talk to the student about documentation during the initial conversation.
  • Students should provide documentation from a qualified, licensed professional appropriate to the nature of the disability and requested accommodations. See below for Documentation Guidelines. View the Request for Accommodations Form.
  • Records created by schools that the student has attended previously may also be helpful to the process of determining appropriate accommodations, including documents that reflect education and accommodation history, such as Individual Education Program (IEP), Summary of Performance (SOP), and teacher observations. These documents do not replace the need for documentation listed below but serve as an aid to create a success plan with the student.
  • After talking with the student, reviewing documentation that has been submitted, and consulting with faculty and staff members as necessary, the Accommodations Coordinator will identify reasonable accommodations.  These accommodations and the supporting documentation are subject to regular review and modification. 
  • Appropriate faculty or staff members will be notified of established accommodations upon the request of the student to whom they apply.  Information regarding a student’s specific diagnosis will only be shared with a faculty or staff member on a “need to know” basis, usually as it pertains to arranging accommodations. 
  • Requests for faculty notification must be made by the student each term (semester or module) by contacting the Accommodations Coordinator and identifying the individuals to whom the notification of accommodations should be sent.

Policy for Animals on Campus

Consistent with its obligations under state, federal, and local laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Fair Housing Act, Midway University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities while ensuring the health and safety of its community, buildings, and property.  This policy addresses the University’s requirements and expectations for service animals, emotional support animals, domestic animals and other issues related to the presence of animals on campus.  Questions about this policy should be addressed to the Accommodations Coordinator. View the Animals on Campus Policy.

Emotional Support/Therapy/Assistance Animals

Midway University is committed to creating an atmosphere of access, inclusion, and opportunities for qualified students with disabilities. The University recognizes Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) may be a reasonable accommodation for students with disabilities and has established the policies and procedures unique to this category of animals. 

Campus Health Clinic

Midway University, in partnership with Baptist Health Medical Group, provides access to healthcare services for students in the Campus Health Clinic, located in Starks Center, room 005. The team of experienced clinicians are available to provide comprehensive care, offering in-person or virtual visits to keep student feeling healthy all year long. Services rendered at the clinic are confidential. 

Services provided on campus do not require insurance. However, students who are referred to another healthcare facility will likely be charged for services, or billed through insurance, for services received. 


Evaluate and treat illness and injury, annual/sports physicals, allergy shots, rapid testing (flu, strep, COVID-19, urinary tract infections, pregnancy, blood sugar), and medication management. Virtual visits are available outside clinic hours. Students may call 502.223.0231 to reach someone outside normal clinic hours. The Campus Clinic accepts walk-ins, however, students may schedule appointments online through MyMidway. 

Clinic Hours:
  •  Monday : 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  •  Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  •  Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

The clinic is closed for all holidays and major breaks in the academic calendar such as Fall, Spring, Winter, and Summer Breaks.  Services are available to all Midway students, faculty, and staff.

There are no campus facilities to accommodate students who are confined to bed and need round-the-clock nursing care.  Ambulance services and medical care received at facilities other than the clinic are the student's financial responsibility.

Each residential student is required to submit a completed student health form prior to moving into the residence hall. Residential students are required to have received the following immunizations: Tetanus toxoid, diphtheria, polio, and two doses of MMR.  Certain programs and activities may also require commuter students to submit completed health forms, including documentation of immunizations, prior to registration or participation. The student health form and supporting documentation should be submitted electronically.

Campus Security

The Campus Security Department is a support service, charged with enforcing Midway University policies and regulations while maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community. The department is staffed with a director and full and part-time security officers. Campus Security is staffed 24-hours a day seven days a week all year round.

Campus Security can be reached by phone at 859-321-4823.

The Campus Security Department has a close working relationship with the Versailles Police Department, Woodford County Sheriff’s Office, and Local Fire Departments. Campus Security Officers are not police officers and do not maintain legal authority to arrest individuals. They do maintain the authority to detain any individual(s) if the need arises. The university encourages anyone who believes a crime or violation of university policy has occurred to report it to either the Versailles Police Department or Campus Security.

The Campus Security Department’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Securing campus buildings and facilities
  • Responding to any emergency on campus
  • Responding to and investigating any campus fire alarm
  • Registering of student, faculty, and staff member parking permits
  • Enforcing of campus parking regulations
  • Providing student, faculty/staff escorts on campus
  • Reporting and responding to campus maintenance situations
  • Enforcing Midway University policies and regulations
  • Maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community
  • Investigating and reporting criminal incidents
  • Planning and Providing special event security
  • Providing educational programs and training
  • Compiling and maintaining all data used for Clery and Minger Reports
  • Patrolling campus and making routine security checks of buildings
  • Recording officer activity for statistical analysis through the Campus Security Portal

Mental Health Resources

Counseling Services

Midway University offers counseling services free of charge to students enrolled in the fall or spring academic terms. These services include options for on-campus counseling, access to limited telehealth counseling services, pastoral care, and referrals. All counseling services are confidential.  Counseling services affiliated with the University do not provide letters for Emotional Support Animals (ESAs), conduct psychological assessments and evaluations, or provide prescriptions for medications.

Students may seek clinical counseling services for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:

  • Homesickness
  • Feeling anxious or stressed
  • Depression/thoughts of suicide
  • Relationship problems/break-ups
  • Lack of motivation
  • Sexual discrimination or harassment
  • Dating and domestic violence
  • Alcohol and drug use
  • Coping with grief or loss
  • Feeling lonely or isolated
  • Weight/body image
  • Roommate issues

On-Campus Counseling

Dr. Gina De Arth-Pendley, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and a member of the Midway University Faculty, offers individual counseling and limited group counseling sessions on campus during regular business hours. On-campus counseling is offered during the University’s regular academic year and consistent with the University’s academic calendar, including holidays and major breaks. Campus counseling is not open during the evening or on weekends, but Dr. De Arth-Pendley may assist in emergencies. Students may schedule an on-campus counseling appointment by contacting Dr. De Arth-Pendley at 859.846.5475 or email Students in search of a mental health provider may also contact Dr. De Arth-Pendley for referrals.

Telehealth Counseling

Midway University has partnered with UWill to offer a limited quantity of telehealth counseling visits to students. With UWill, students have access to view diverse profiles of licensed clinical therapists in the state of Kentucky who can provide virtual counseling, over-the-phone, via chat or text message. Students can schedule appointments by going to to schedule with UWill counselors outside of standard business hours and on weekends. 

Campus Ministry

Students seeking confidential pastoral care may contact John Martin, Campus Minister, at or 859.846.5391 to schedule an appointment. Campus Ministry is housed in the Student Affairs Office.

Counseling Referrals

Dr. De Arth-Pendley has relationships with mental health providers in the local community who provide high-quality services. Students may receive a referral to community providers when a student needs or requests services beyond the scope of those that Midway’s counseling services can reasonably provide.

Local Resources

LifeStance Health (formerly Beaumont Behavioral Health)

LifeStance offers Individual counseling, psychological testing and evaluations, couples therapy, and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).  LifeStance accepts most major health insurance plans. In-person and telehealth appointments available. To schedule a first appointment, call the intake department at 859.214.7440.


  • Georgetown: 105 Windsor Path Suite #5, Georgetown, KY 40324 (606.898.6030)
  • Frankfort: 649 Chamberlin Avenue, Frankfort, KY 40601 (502.875.1685)
  • Lexington: 1030 Monarch Street, Suites 100 & 200, Lexington, KY 40513 (859.296.3141)

New Vista Community Mental Health Center

The Newtown Pike location for New Vista offers emergency support and a variety of therapy options. Individuals can contact the 24-Hour Help Line to schedule an appointment or for emergency support: 1-800-928-8000. Additional resources can be found at

Located at 1351 Newtown Pike, Building 5, Lexington, KY 40511. Open access is available 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday

Ampersand Sexual Violence Resource Center of the Bluegrass
(Formerly Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center)

The support line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for community members to seek support and resources around experiences of sexual violence. Trained advocates answer the line to provide information, education, and crisis counseling. Callers can remain anonymous while speaking with an advocate. Learn more about Ampersand support, resources, and locations at Call 1.800.656.HOPE (4673)

National Resources

Crisis Test Line: Test "HOME" to 741741

Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support via text. Individuals are connected with a Crisis Counselor. Crises Counselors are trained volunteers, not professionals, who can provide support but not medical advice. Individuals may also utilize Facebook Messenger to initiate the Crisis Text Line. Additional external resources are listed at

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK (8255)

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The Trevor Project (LGBTQ): TrevorLifeLine - 1.866.488.7386 or TrevorText - Text "START" to 678678

Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25. Additional information and resources can be found at

Veterans Crisis Line: 1.800.273.8255 - then Press 1

The Veterans Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource available to any Veteran, even if they are not enrolled in VA health care or registered with VA. Care does not end when the conversation is over. The Veterans Crisis Line can connect Veterans to their local suicide prevention coordinators (SPC), who follow up to coordinate care. More information and resources can be found at

Campus Ministry

Housed within the Office of Student Affairs, Campus Ministry provides students with opportunities for confidential pastoral care, bible study, and chapel services. Participation in campus ministry programs is not a requirement for students.

Financial Services

Business Office

Located on the Second Floor of Marrs Hall, the Business Office at Midway University manages student accounts, employer reimbursements, 1098Ts and payment plans. All student accounts are generated electronically and are available to view and download from Self-Service.

Financial Aid

The Financial Aid Office is located on the lower level of Starks. If there are specific questions regarding financial aid, start by looking online at You can find information on the application process, verification, student loans, satisfactory academic progress (SAP), and more. You are encouraged to contact the office if you have questions regarding financial aid opportunities, policies, or procedures.  It is the responsibility of each student to meet and maintain requirements for financial aid eligibility. To be considered for financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year, as soon as possible after October 1.  Midway’s school code is 001975.  The FAFSA can be completed online.

Federal Work Study (FWS) Employment Program

Federal Work Study is an integral part of the overall program of the university. While gaining experience that contributes to a well-rounded education, the participating student is able to earn a portion of their college expenses while developing professional skills and attitudes relating to future employment.

Students are employed in departments on campus where student assistance is needed.  When possible, the student's work will be based upon their experience and/or interests, taking into account the needs of the institution and the demands of the department.  Work performance will be evaluated, and a satisfactory record of work is expected. Violations of the normally accepted standards may be considered cause for termination of the student's study assignment.

Students are paid by check or direct deposit biweekly for hours worked.  Students may choose to sign an authorization form applying their earnings to their student account.  Students are encouraged to consider student employment proceeds as a way to pay their University bill or educational costs and not as a source of income for paying personal expenses.

Food Services and Meal Plans

All students living in Midway-owned or controlled housing are required to enroll in a meal plan when applying for campus housing. Students may change their enrolled plan through the first week of the semester. After that point, students will be locked into their chosen plan and will not be able to adjust their selection until the following semester. Residential students wishing to change or modify their meal plans can do this in the Student Affairs Office or via eRezLife. Rates are subject to change at any time prior to the beginning of the academic year. View the meal plan rates in the Tuition and Fee Schedule.

Commuter students may add a meal plan at any point. The commuter Block 20 plan rolls over from fall to spring semesters but expires at the end of the spring semester. Faculty and staff may also purchase this plan. Commuter meal plans may be purchased in the Business Office. Any faculty, staff, or student may add Dining Dollars at any point during the year. Dining Dollars roll over from fall to spring semesters but expire at the end of the spring semester. Dining Dollars may be added in the Business Office. More information on meal plans, dining options, and weekly menus can be found on the Midway University Dining Services website.

Students are expected to follow all established rules and guidelines in campus dining and follow all directives from dining staff.  Students utilizing a campus meal plan for meals/items in the Piper Dining Hall or Nest Cafeé must present their Midway student ID at the time of service.

Piper Dining Hall

Located in the McManis Student Center the dining hall also accommodates commuter students, faculty, staff, and the public.

Serving Hours (Hours of operation and cost of meals are subject to change without notice.)


  • Breakfast: 7:00 - 9:30 a.m. 
  • Lunch: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. 
  • Dinner: 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. 


  • Brunch: 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. 
  • Dinner: 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. 

Meal Prices

Breakfast - $6.50 | Lunch - $7.50| Dinner - $8.00 | Brunch - $8.00

The Nest Café

The Nest Café is a retail dining location in the McManis Student Center. The Nest Café provides convenience retail items, pizza, and other dinner items which can be purchased through the meal plan or Dining Dollars.

Serving Hours (Hours of operation and cost of meals are subject to change without notice.)

Convenience Retail Items

  • Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
  • Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. 

Pizza & Dinner Items

  • Monday - Friday: 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
  • Saturday - Sunday: Closed 

Health Insurance

All Midway University student athletes (including students on equine teams) are required to have primary health insurance that is documented with the Midway University athletic training staff before they can participate in Midway athletics.  Additionally, students participating in certain co-curricular experiences, including but not limited to internships, clinicals, field experiences, and student teaching are required to purchase their own health insurance prior to participation in these activities. Information about purchasing a student health plan may be found in the Business Office.

Student ID Cards

Each student and employee of Midway University is issued a campus identification (ID) card. The campus ID card serves as proof of status with Midway University. Depending on status, the ID card provides access to many resources provided by and available through the Midway community such as dining hall meals, access to buildings, and use of Midway University library. 

All students and employees must maintain and carry a current campus ID card for the entire period they are affiliated with Midway University. The cardholder is responsible for the care and safekeeping of the ID card. The ID card should be protected and carried by the cardholder at all times. Protecting the ID card reduces the possibility of wear and tear associated with frequent use, which in turn, extends the life of the card.  Holes should not be punched in the ID card and the use of stickers, pins, or other items affixed to the ID card is prohibited. The magnetically encoded information on the ID card may be protected by keeping the card away from magnetic fields. No one other than the person to whom the card is issued is to use the ID card. The ID card is the property of Midway University and must be presented upon the request of an appropriate Midway official and may be revoked at any time by Midway University. The Campus Security Office will dispose of any invalid campus ID cards.

Any transfer, alteration, falsification, or forgery of a campus ID card constitutes a violation of Midway University policy and may result in disciplinary action. In addition, fraudulent or illegal use of the ID card may result in criminal charges and/or civil proceedings.

The information contained on and in the campus ID card, including but not limited to the picture, will not be released to persons outside Midway University. Exceptions to this policy are:  legal requirement, in response to a valid court order or subpoena, or upon the execution of a written release signed by the cardholder. The information contained on and in the card will only be used by Midway University for Midway business or for internal Midway purposes approved by the appointed office. Exceptions to this rule include use of the information contained on or in the card to assist in the personal protection of any person, or to comply with federal, state, or local laws.

Building Access

Many campus buildings require an ID card for access. Should a card become lost the cardholder should obtain a replacement campus ID card from the Campus Security Office.  

Campus ID Card Found by a Non-Owner

Campus ID cards found by a non-owner should be returned to the Campus Security Office as soon as possible. Email notification will be sent to the card owner’s Midway University email account stating that the card was found and should be reclaimed as soon as possible.

Obtaining a Campus ID Card

Campus ID Cards are issued by and administered through the Campus Security Office. The office is located in the basement of Little Memorial Library. The initial campus ID card is issued at no cost to the cardholder. To request an ID card, a student or employee must present a valid government-issued picture ID or passport. Upon verification of the requestor’s active status, a photograph is taken, and the ID card is printed. New faculty and staff should first report to the Office of Human Resources and complete the new hire process before a card can be issued.

Placing a Missing Campus ID Card on "Lost" Status

When a campus ID card cannot be found, the cardholder must place the card on a “lost” status as soon as possible. Placing a card on “lost” status protects the cardholder by de-activating the card privileges and funds. A cardholder must report a stolen card to Midway University Campus Security either in person or by calling 859-321-4823. During normal office hours (Monday through Friday), the cardholder can come to the Campus Security Office in person to request a new card.

Replacing a Missing, Damaged, or Expired Campus ID Card

The fee for replacing a missing or lost ID card is $20. If the ID card has expired or no longer works due to normal wear and tear it can be turned in and replaced at no charge. (Please note that an expired or damaged card must be turned in for the fee to be waived). If for any other reason a campus ID card needs to be replaced, there is a $20 non-refundable replacement fee payable to the Business Office. 

A cardholder can obtain a replacement ID card from the Campus Security Office during normal office hours (Monday-Friday). The process of having a new card printed permanently deactivates the previously issued card. The Campus Security Office staff will dispose of any invalid ID cards. Temporary residence hall access cards are available from Midway University Campus Security during off hours and weekends. 

International Student Services

International students provide a wealth of experience and perspectives to the Midway campus. The Office of Student Affairs seeks to support international students in their transition to college in the States and provide programming to build community among these students and within the campus. For information about international student support and programming contact the Student Affairs office.

Information on immigration and naturalization policies, visas and work policies may be obtained from the Director of International Admissions.

Lost and Found

When unidentified articles are found, they should be turned in to the Campus Security Office.  Any substantial theft or loss should be reported to the Campus Security Office immediately.  Unclaimed items will be disposed of at the end of each semester.

Multicultural Programming & Student Support

One of Midway’s core values is living-life within a global context. Midway is committed to developing an inclusive multicultural and globally aware campus that welcomes and values diversity.  It is our goal that all students will enhance their education by developing cultural competency and cross-cultural skills in order to join our globalized world once they graduate.  We intend to do this by integrating multicultural and international backgrounds and perspectives into the learning and service experiences of our students as well as of our faculty and staff.  Academic and Student Affairs advises and supports minority, underrepresented and international students, develops partnerships locally and overseas, and develops and implements events that promote campus understanding and interaction highlighting multicultural and international cultural wealth.

Photocopying and Printing

Midway University has several printers and copiers on campus for student use including in the Anne Hart Raymond Center, Starks, and the Library.

Technology Services

Midway University provides technology services to all students which include:

  • Student Portal, Email, and Moodle login accounts are created within 48 business hours after you are accepted into the university.  Notifications of your account login is emailed to your personal email account once the account is created.
  • The Midway University Password Management Website is a service each student is encouraged to enroll in and change their password (university passwords expire every 365 days).  Also, the service provides the ability to reset their account password when it expires. To register go to and provide a mobile number and alternate non-Midway email address.
  • Student Email access link:
  • Wireless Internet access (Residence Halls, Student Center, Library, AHR, Starks, Marrs, Pinkerton): Students should use "Midway Public" which does not require any log-in credentials to access wifi.
  • Midway.EDU (Student may view course registration, schedule, grades, and important university announcements)
  • Spectrum U Streaming TV (Student Center, Residence Hall lobbies and rooms)

For additional information, please contact HELP by opening a ticket via email: or call 859.846.4357.  Provide full name, student ID number, contact telephone number, personal email address, and the request/problem details.

University Email

Students will automatically receive a university email address after admission.  Official university business, including notices about registration, graduation, financial aid, etc., is conducted through university email.  Students who do not regularly access their university accounts may miss important notices but will be held responsible for the content of these communications, nonetheless.  Faculty members are also instructed to communicate with students through their university accounts, so students should not expect them to keep track of personal email addresses.

Voter Registration

Midway University encourages all of its students to register to vote. You can download a Voter Registration Form as well as pertinent voter information at You may also register online by visiting this web portal In addition, Voter Registration drives are held on campus each fall and students receive an email each semester to encourage them to register to vote.

Athletic Teams and Facilities

Midway University sponsors 27 intercollegiate athletic teams:  Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheerleading, Cross-Country, Dance, e-Sports, Golf, Hunt Seat Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball, Western Equestrian, and Wrestling.  The university competes under its membership in the River States Conference (RSC) and Mid-South Conference (MSC) of the NAIA, the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA), and USA  Archery.  Students may contact coaches to try out for openings on team rosters or as team managers.

Students may use the Athletic Department facilities including The Hunter Fieldhouse, weight room, cardio room, tennis courts, and other athletic venues.  The Hunter Fieldhouse and Marshall Gymnasiums are multi-sport facilities. Adjacent to them are fully equipped weight and cardio rooms for training and conditioning.  Use of any athletic department facility is at the user's risk.  Therefore, each individual must sign a release of liability available in the Student Affairs Office or on the My Midway Portal.  It is recommended that students wishing to use weight equipment request instruction from a trained athletic staff member.  Tennis or athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required on the gym floor and tennis courts.  The weight and cardio facilities are open seven days a week during the school year except during holidays and special events, specific hours are posted at the facilities and are subject to change.  Midway University athletic teams have priority use of the facilities. Equine riding arenas are restricted to students registered in an equine class and/or current members of a riding team. Specific policies and guidelines for student-athletes can be found in the Athletics Manual. View the Midway University Athletics Manual.

Last updated: 10/25/2022